Modern Languages Events
- French Club
Thursday, October 25th
7-9pm, Townhouse O-6
$5/all the cheese you care to eat!
All profits will support our club trip to Montréal over Presidents' Day weekend.
- French Coffee Hour
3:30-4:30 on alternating MW
On the Rotunda Mezzanine.
- French Film series
organized by Marine Airiau
- Film Ciao Professore by Lina Wertmuller, October 3rd
- Scopa Tournament, October 17th, 2:30-4pm in South
- Sign-ups for cannoli making, October 15th & 17th in Rotunda
- Cannoli making, October 24th, 3-4 pm in South
- Film Quando sei nato non puoi più nasconderti by Marco Tullio Giordana, co-sponsored by IAA and IFC, on November 14th at 2:15 pm in the IFC. Panel discussion will follow film.
- Events for November TBA
- IAA meets bi-weekly at 3:00 pm in South, for more information please contact email@example.com.
BUSCO (Bryant University Spanish Cultural Organization)
- Providence Latin American Film Festival, (PLAFF) was one of the big events of the semester for Fall 2012. Bryant was one of the four venues where movies were shown the last weekend of September. Other school sponsors included, URI, Providence College and the Met School. This is Bryant’s 3rd year taking part in the festival
Bryant Sponsors were the Department of Modern Languages, BUSCO, International Business, Literary and Cultural Studies, the Women’s Center, MSU, and ICC.
Our film festival was a huge success and many of our Bryant students, primarily in Spanish classes took part in attending. A total of 7 movies and documentaries were shown from Brazil, Chile, Argentina, the Dominican Republic and Mexico.
- Will work alongside SIE Latin America to help fundraise monies to donate to Obras del Espirtu Santo in San Jose, Costa Rica this month with a fundraiser called Halloween Candy Gram.
- Is working on a continued relationship here in Providence, RI to help San Miguel School of Providence, it is an independent Lasallian middle school for urban boys from the Greater Providence area. The school is dedicated to the belief that education is the key to breaking the cycle of poverty. We are trying to get them to visit our campus and attend a sporting event.